You cannot release a Customer Demand for a Service Order due to the following error: Release of order not possible; Service Order XYZ item XX blocked (XYZ represents the Service Order ID and XX represents the line item number).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Navigate to the Customer Demand view.
- Find and select the Order: XYZ.
- Select the Line Item XX.
- Click the Release button.
- The system shows the error message: Release of order not possible; Service Order XYZ item XX blocked
You have an approval process for Service Orders in scope.
There were changes in the Service Order that affected the Total and therefore the Approval status changed to Not Started.
This is the reason why the Service Order is blocked and the Customer Demand cannot be released.
To solve the issue please trigger the approval process again for the Service Order via the Submit button and the Submit for Approval option.
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- Select the Service Orders Processing view.
- Search for the Service Order ID XYZ.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Submit button.
- Select the Submit for Approval option.
Once the Approval was completed or the Approval Status changes to Approval not Necessary you can release the Customer Demand.
Service Order; Block; Customer Demand; Release; Error; Approval
KBA , AP-SVO-SO , Service Order , Problem