You are trying to perform a consistency check of the solution or assemble the solution and the below errors appear:-
Error during check in:Communication Scenario
Issue occured in the application component:AP-RC-BDS-WS
Consistency Check failed for Add-on solution
SAP Cloud Application Studio
SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SDK.
- Open the solution.
- Right click on the solution in solution explorer.
- Select Check->Items and Runtime Objects
- Error appears.
The issue is caused due to the .CSD file which is not assigned with any services. This happens if you delete the WSID file and have not assigned any other service to the CSD again.
Please note that you can delete WSID file in any patch solution however it is not allowed to delete .csd file in the patch other than in the version .csd file has been created.
You can find the below 2 options in order to resolve this issue:-
1. If you do not want the CSD file in your solution:
If the solution is in assembled status you can create a DODO patch and delete the .csd file. For more details on this refer to the link mentioned in See Also below.
2. If your solution already is in development status, then you cannot create a deletion patch and you will have to resolve the communication scenario errors. Since .WSID file is already deleted, you will have to again create a external webservice Integration file and assign to the Communication Scenario Definition(.CSD) . Below are the steps to perform the same:
- Click on Add new Item in solution explorer.
- Select Service Integration-> External Web service Integration.
- Provide a name and click on Add.
- In the dialog screen, provide the service type as Rest and click on Next.
- Give a dummy URL and in the next screen you need not provide any details.
- Finish the creation and activate the .WSID file.
- Now open the already existing .CSD file and navigate to the Services tab.
- Now here you will be able to see the service you have created.
Path: SAP Cloud Application Studio Help Document -> Administration and Life Cycle Management -> Solutions, Solution Templates, Patches-> Patches-> Deletion Patch Section.
communication scenario not working error in AP-RC-BDS-WS webservice error unable to assemble , KBA , communication scenario error , error while consistency check , unable to add .wsid to existing .csd , AP-RC-BDS-WS , ByDesign Studio Web Services , Problem