You want to delete a communication category that is not used anymore and even after removing all permission fields from the forms and landing pages, which were assigned to this communication category, you are receiving the error message "Communication Category can't be deleted. It is used by a landing page"
- SAP Marketing Cloud Edition
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a form or landing page with a permission field that has a communication category assigned.
- Download or publish that form or landing page.
- Delete that permission field from the form or landing page.
- Try to delete the communication category.
The system keeps track of different versions of a form when it's downloaded or published. This is to ensure that published versions keep working, because the system doesn't know if an older version is still in use or not. Because of that, the system also doesn't allow the deletion of dependent objects if there is such an older version still using them, example: a communication category. Currently, it's not possible to modify or delete such older versions of a form. Your only option is to delete the form altogether as this will also delete the older versions.
- Copy or save that form or landing page with a different name (This way you can keep the form or landing page and the new version will not take over the older versions of that form).
- Delete the old version of that form or landing page.
SAP Help Document on:
Communication Category, Landing Page, Form, Permissions , KBA , CEC-MKT-DM-PER , Marketing permissions , How To