- Workflow Sync has caused CC Role to duplicate although workflow synced successfully.
- Why is Instance Sync duplicating roles?
SAP Successfactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Instance Sync Tool
- Select Sync Packages including CC role (Workflow)
- The Sync will run successfully.
- You will notice on the target instance the CC role will be duplicated and not overwritten.
- Instance Sync Tool uses the import export functionality of Foundation Objects. The same is replicable for import and export as well. The CC Role gets multiplied with the number of steps in the Workflow. For example, if the workflow has three steps with Approver type as dynamic roles , then on syncing, the cc role type of dynamic role gets incremented to three.
- Currently IST does not support Sync of Foundation Object workflow with CC roles , since Foundation Object Adhoc report doesn't support selection of fields from more than one view group at a time.
- Instance Sync is not possible for workflows with Selecting fields from multiple groups (Approver, CC and Contributor).
- Selecting fields from multiple groups would result in many duplicate records and have adverse effects on performance as well.
- Approver, CC and Contributors are 3 different Foundation objects and not supported in Adhoc report as per design
- This is expected behaviour.
- Currently further enhancements are not planned.
- We encourage you to submit an enhancement request to have this functionality considered within future development cycles as the suggestion you have made makes sense – you can do this on our Customer Community Portal at http://community.successfactors.com/.
- For detailed steps on how to raise an enhancement request please follow KBA Article
ECT-47494, TLS-4800, CC Role, Approver, IST, Instance Sync Tool, Foundation Objects, Adhoc Reports, Workflow, INC0206679 , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , Problem