You are trying to access the Mass Data Maintenance work center, however the system is requesting you to Install the Microsoft Silverlight.
SAP Business ByDesign 2011 and higher.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center.
- Click Mass Data Maintenance view
- System requests you to Install the Silverlight.
The issue here is not actually with availability of Silverlight, as Mass Data Maintenance has moved on to no longer require Microsoft Silverlight since this plug-in was deprecated back in 2019. The cause of it is actually related to a lack of access rights to the work center BC_DATAMIGRATION.
In order to solve it, you need to assign the access right BC_DATAMIGRATION to the affected users.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Business Users view.
- Search for the affected User ID.
- Click Edit and then Access Rights.
- Go to the Work Center and View Assignment tab.
- Click Find and search for BC_DATAMIGRATION.
- Locate and Assign it to the User.
Mass Data Maintenance, Get Silverlight, Install Silverlight. , KBA , LOD-LE-MIG-MWB , LEAP Migration workbench , How To