Employee Replication from SuccessFactors Employee Central to C4C, failing with the following error: "The alias 12345 already exists".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Web Service Message Monitoring under Administrator Work center.
- Search for the EmployeeReplicationIn Service Interface.
- You will be able to see the error.
The ID being sent for the Employee already exists in the system for a different Employee/Business User. The Alias of the user ID must be unique on the system.
In order to fix the issue, you need to make data and IDs between systems consistent.
As a workaround you can remove the linkage between existing Business User and Employee, delete existent ID Mappings and then replicate it again to C4C.
To remove the linkage between existing Business User and Employee you need to follow the below steps:
- Go to Administrator.
- Open the Business Users view.
- Search for the User ID.
- Open the User.
- Click on Edit.
- Choose Attributes.
- Under User Data, change the User ID to something else which should be unique and shouldn't collide with another user.
In general if there are some collisions between existing Employees to the incoming requests, we recommend you to check your replication strategies as using the same ID for different employees can actually have serious impacts on transactional data.
Employee, Business User, Alias, ID. , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-ERP , Integration of C4C with ERP , How To