- When creating a database via AMC, it is currently not possible to separate log from data. The database is created on a single mixed log and data device.
- An attempt to create a data device would end up with the database created on a single mixed log and data device.
- An attempt to create a log device would give the following error:
! Can't specify a log-device in a CREATE DATABASE statement without also specifying at least one non-log-device.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) SP04 GA
- Administration and Management Console (AMC)
AMC, disk init, mixed, log, data, device , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.