The following behaviour occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Not possible to edit the Location (Location ID) of an existing Connection based on Acquired Data to SQL
- Cannot update Location ID of existing Import Data Connection to SQL
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.21.x
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an Import Data Connection to SQL (eg. MS SQL Server 2012)
- Save the connection and then navigate back to the Edit Connection screen
- Observe that the possibility to edit Location ID is gone as it is now grayed out
- Observe that it is possible to Edit Location ID for all other existing Import Data Connections to other datasources
This issue is currently under investigation by development.
A fix for this issue is included in the SAP Analytics Cloud 2021 QRC 1 release (or 2021.2), which is scheduled to be released the end of February.
However, this is on a best endeavor basis and not a guarantee of delivery in this release.
The targeted release may change without prior notification.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , LOD-ANA-ADM , SAC Administration , Problem