Open a story in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) and click edit button, get a warning message "The story has just been updated by XXXXXXX. You are now only able to save a copy of the story" at the bottom of the page like below:
Then notice that the save button is greyed out and the only option to continue editing the story is to Save a Copy or Open latest Revision by either clicking the link in the warning message or clicking the option Save As... in the menu bar or opening the story again.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.21.14
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a story in SAC by user A and click edit button.
- Open the same story by user B and click edit button.
- User A save the changes to the story by clicking Save button in the menu bar.
- User B gets a warning message "The story has just been updated by User A. You are now only able to save a copy of the story"
This behavior is currently by design.
This warning message is to indicate user that the story has been edited by the other user and saved, to avoid changes can't be saved, need save a copy or open the latest revision of the story.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem