The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Cannot link variables from two models, one based on a Live Data Connection and the other on a Import Data Connection
- User sees a red disk with a white cross, and the message "The Remote Systems are not compatible"
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.1.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Model based on a Live Data Connection
- Create another Model based on an import Data Connection
- Create a Story, using both the above models
- Open the Link Variables dialog
- In the Matched Variables section, the variables cannot be linked, a red disk with diagonal cross is displayed
- Hovering over the red disk, shows the message "The Remote Systems are not compatible"
This behavior is by design
For models based on live data connections, the following restrictions apply:
Models based on live data connections to SAP HANA can link to other SAP HANA live data models, or to models based on imported data.
Models based on live data connections to SAP BW can only link to other SAP BW live data models.
- Models based on live data connections to an SAP Universe do not support variable linking.
Use Models with identical connection type, either Live Data Connection or Import Data Connection
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem