You have created a broadcast which is sending a report as xlsx, xml or csv. When you open the broadcasted file in Excel, you notice that in some cells, the data entry is missing.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business byDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the file that you received via e-mail.
- Filter for some specific entries.
- You notice that some cells are empty.
- If you open the report on the UI and do the same filtering there, the cell has data.
Broadcasted reports currently do not support repeated text. So for example, if you have the account ABC (ABC stands for the account number) and several sales orders for this account, on the report UI, you will see the account listed once and the sales orders listed next to it:
If you filter for the sales order 456 in the report UI, the system will recognize that now there is only 1 line with the account information, and it will show the account.
The Excel file however is static, once the entry is missing there, it will not show again. So if you filter for the sales order 456, the Account field remains empty.
You can enable the Display Repeated Text setting and the account ABC will be shown for each of the sales order entries. Once you open this file from the broadcast, there will be data in every cell.
To enable this setting:
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Reports.
- Open the report you are broadcasting.
- Run it with the view and selection from the broadcast.
- In C4C: Click the Show Table Settings icon.
- In BYD: Go to the View section and click the Chart/Table Settings icon.
- Set the Display Repeated Text option to Yes/ On.
- Save this view.
- Go to the work center view Broadcasts.
- Edit the broadcast that you are sending.
- Select the new report view you have just created.
- Save the broadcast.
broadcast, missing data, repeated text, xlsx, xlx, report, business analytics, email, csv, Excel , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement