- Configuring Location and Position as Read only throws warning "If you have read-only permission on the Location or Position field, a dialog displays a warning message indicating that the jobStartDate field can’t be changed due to a configuration issue and you have to contact the system administrator.The configuration issue here is that it’s required for you to have edit permission on both jobStartDate and the Location or Position fields."
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure the Location object and Position object as read only field in Job requisition template
- Now try to change the field with field id "jobStartDate".
- You will receive the below message
The alert message is due to the option "Allow users to select only those instances that are active as of the date in the Job Start Date field in the Job Requisition and Offer Detail pages" enabled under Manage Recruiting Settings.
Once this option is enabled list of locations listed is dependent on Job Start date.
Disable the option "Allow users to select only those instances that are active as of the date in the Job Start Date field in the Job Requisition and Offer Detail pages" under Manage Recruiting Settings
JobstartDate, location read only , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , Problem