In a payment file created based on payment medium format ISO20022 you are missing the tag <ChgrBr>, for Charge Bearer (or Bank Charges Paid By in SAP Business ByDesign).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to the Outbound Files view.
- Open the respective File ID based on payment medium format ISO20022.
- Click View All and move to the Attachments tab.
- Open the XML file.
- Notice that there's no tag <ChgrBr>, for Charge Bearer.
The Charge bearer <ChgrBr> field is an optional one for ISO20022.
For this reason, it was not included by SAP in the generic version of the ISO20022 Payment Medium Format.
SAP does not support country-specific features for payments, in case you require the Charge Bearer tag for a Pre-Localized Country.
There are two options that can be followed in this case:
- Request for the country-specific payment medium format via the Continuous Influence Session for ByDesign.
- Modify the format via a PDI Solution (in SAP Cloud Applications Studio for SAP Business ByDesign) to get your own custom ISO20022 Payment file. This is a much faster option and is SAP recommendation. You may reach out to your Implementation Partner in this case.
ISO20022; charge bearer; <ChgrBr>; bank charges paid by; outgoing bank transfer; payment file; outbound file , KBA , iso20022 , charge bearer ,