- Unable to refresh a report.
- Error: "The database connector 'crdb_v12_dsl_driver.dll' could not be loaded."
- When refreshing a report in Crystal Reports, it display the error:
" Failed to load database information.
Details: The database connector 'crdb_v12_dsl_driver.dll' could not be loaded.
The correct version of the database client for this database type might not be installed. "
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report.
- When refreshing the report, it fails with the error:
"The database connector 'crdb_v12_dsl_driver.dll' could not be loaded..."
- In brief, the Report was not created in Crystal Reports, and therefore this is why it fails to refresh.
- In more details, there are 2 different versions of Crystal Reports:
- SAP Crystal Reports
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise
- Both product uses different technolgies to connect to data sources, and this error occur when a report created in Crystal Reports for Enterprise based on a Universe, is open and refreshed in Crystal Reports.
- Open and refresh the report in Crystal Reports for Enterprise.
- If you do not have Crystal Reports for Enterprise installed, download the software following the steps found in the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 171423
Download the exact same version as the version of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform you are using, or SAP Crystal Server you are using, including the Support Pack. For example: If you are using SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 - Support Pack 8, then download Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2 - Support Pack 08
- In Crystal Reports for Enterprise, open the report.
- Refresh the report.
CR, UNX, CRFE, CR4E, CR for E , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020