When the user copies a minuscule value and pastes it into a drop-down type field the error appears "XXXXX is not a valid value for this field. Enter a valid value.".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Open the Accounts view.
- Create a New Account (+).
- See the fields Country/Region or State.
- Paste a Region/Country name with lower case, for example, switzerland.
- Press enter to validate the field.
- Error message appears "switzerland is not a valid value for this field. Enter a valid value."
This is the system standard behavior.
If paste any value in the drop-down list, the lowercase format doesn't match the correct value of the field.
The field validation criterion uses the first letter in the uppercase format.
Paste the drop-down list value with the first character in uppercase.
Copy & Paste, Copy, Paste, dropdown, uppercase, lower case, KBA , AP-RC-MOB-UIF , Responsive UI , How To