You have tried to Initiate Onboarding from RCM for a candidate, however, your candidate is not available in New Hire Data review Tile.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 2.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Initiate Onboarding for a candidate from RCM;
- Process object will be created for the candidate but the candidate will not appear in the New Hire Data Review Tile;
- Get the User Id for this candidate and search for the processes associated with this User Id;
- Two processes with the same User Id will be present in the system. One would be the cancelled process which has the end date associated;
- This stale process associates the end date for the newly created process(Known Issue);
- In BPE:Monitor Processes you will find the unfinished task associated with the Process Id due to an error;
- Provide the error id in your incident and SAP Support will review logs;
- The following error message will be visible to SAP Support- cannot insert NULL or update to NULL: PERSON_ID: line 1 col 1 (at pos 0).
The following root causes can be observed for this problem:
- It is noticed that Employment Info is being tried to be inserted rather than updated.
- The employment info which was present for the user had an end date. This could happen due to wrong mapping, or cancellation of Onboarding and then re-initiation from RCM, where the system picks the same candidate, even though we purge the employment info, the end date might not be removed.
- This is a known issue and Engineering Team is working on a fix for the same in b2105 release
- When the end date is present, and when we get the current record of employment info during the HRIS Save , it doesn't return any value as the current date is greater than the end date in the Employment Info.
- So when the employment info is tried to be inserted, and as it doesn't have person id, it fails.
The following workaround is provided by the Engineering Team-
- End Date in Employment Info for the User Id needs to be cleared
- For Production instances this can be done by creating an Service Request to clear the end date
- After the script run the BPE service task which has errored out needs to be restarted from BPE:Manage Process Tasks
- After this the candidate will be available in New Hire Data Review Tile
Engineering Team is working on a patch to fix this issue. Fix Version is b2105.
Please note that this workaround will only be applied to Production environments - Scripts will not be executed for test candidates.
Onboarding Initiation, RCM, New Hire Data Review Tile, PERSON_ID, end date , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX , Onboarding 2.0 , Problem