You sometimes as per your business requirement have to change the Planned Quantity of the Input Materials in the Production Order before it is released. However, whenever you perform this change, you discover that the system does not calculate the Input Products Quantity during the Confirmation of the Make Task on the basis of the Input Material ratio you have maintained in the relevant Bill of Material. Instead, the system is basing the Input Products Quantity on the changed value of the Planned Quantity in the Production Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Production Orders view and select By Order Header.
- Find and select the relevant Production Order with the Status: In Preparation.
- Click the Edit button.
- Go to the Products tab, and then to the Input Products sub-tab.
- Select the relevant Input Products and reduce the Planned Quantity according to your business requirement.
- Save and Release the Production Order.
- Finish the Supply Task if relevant.
- Now open the Make Task and click the Confirm button.
- Enter your required Quantity in the Confirmed Quantity field under the Confirmation tab and hit the return key on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the Input Products sub-tab.
- You can see that the system is calculating the Quantity of the Input Products that you have changed their Planned Quantity in the Production Order as a fraction of the new Planned Quantity of the Production Order instead of the Quantity ratio maintained in the Bill Of Materials (BoM).
- You expected the system to use the Input Product to Output Product ratio maintained in the BoM to calculate the Quantity instead of the changed Planned Quantity from the Production Order.
It is expected behavior from the task to calculate the input products quantity based on Planned Quantity in Production order. In the Production Order, we give the flexibility to change the Planned quantity.
If such changes are made, then the Task will calculate the quantities as per the changed Planned Quantity.
System is behaving as expected.
2531650 - New Customer Request for Additional Feature or Function in SAP standard software.
Input Products, Planned Quantity, Confirmed Quantity, BoM, Production Order , KBA , AP-PE-TSK , Production Task , Problem