You have activated the Inspection process in your configuration, and you would like to understand the difference between Destructed Quantity, and Nonconforming Units in an Inspection. You think the help document "Process an Inspection" does not provide enough information.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Quality Control work center.
- Go to the Inspections view.
- Find and select the relevant Inspection document.
- Click the Edit button.
- Go to the Results tab if you are not already there.
- You can see the fields "Destructed Quantity" and "Nonconforming Units".
- Now you want to understand the difference between these 2 terms.
Destructed Quantity: From functional standpoint, refers to the numbers of units that got destructed as a part of inspection. For example, for testing tensile strength of items, sometimes, you inspect the material to the point of breaking the item. These Specimen are destructed Quantity.
Nonconforming Units: These refer to the Inspection Units which are not conforming to the inspection standards. These could be quantities, which might be destroyed or not destroyed or may be intended to be destroyed later.
Quality Control, Inspection, Destructed Quantity, Nonconforming Units , KBA , AP-MIP-MI , Material Inspection , How To