In Outbound Logistics - Outbound Deliveries OWL screen, outbound deliveries can be released even mandatory fields not maintained.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics work center
- Go to Outbound Deliveries view
- Open a not released outbound delivery ABC (ABC refers to the outbound delivery ID), view all
- Go to General tab, you see there is an extension field DEF marked as mandatory by key user, but not maintained yet
- Release it, you see error: Save rejected because field (DEF) is defined as mandatory by key user.
- Close the document (OIF screen)
- Go back to Outbound Deliveries view (OWL screen)
- Select outbound delivery ABC, release it
Outbound delivery ABC could be release without any errors, this is not expected.
If key user marks an extension field as mandatory, there will be a vallidation check when you release outbound delivery within the document screen (OIF screen). If the mandatory field value is missing, there is an UI error that prevents the outbound delivery from being released.
However, the UI error is specific to the OIF screen, there is no such validation check from the Outbound Deliveries screen (OWL screen). Hence when you release outbound delivery from OWL screen, even the mandatory field value is missing, no error would be raised and the document can be successfully released.
To enable validation check on OWL screen, ou can create a custom solution (PDI Add-on) which validates if the value existing for mandatory extension fields on save.
Outbound Delivery ; Extension Field ; Mandatory Field ; Value Missing , KBA , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , Problem