When trying to Export Labels in the Bulgarian Locale the data in the export file appears corrupted for example:
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in the Learning Admin
- Select References>Manage Labels>Label Import/Export>
- Select the option to Export Labels>Select Active Locale ID "Bulgarian" Click Next
- Select the Label ID you wish to export and click Next
- The Exported file will contain data that appears corrupt such as \u0413\u0440\u0443\u043F\u0430 \u041F\u043E\u0442\u0440\u0435\u0431\u0438\u0442\u0435\u043B\u0438
Due to current limitations in the Language packs the LMS does not export the data to display in the correct Bulgarian characters(cryillic).
Instead it Exports the data in to UTF-16 Format
This is currently expect behaviour.
- The data in the Exported file when re-imported to LMS will revert back to display correctly in the Bulgarian Locale.
- However if you wish to edit the file before reimporting you will need to use a UTF-16 convertor Tool that you can download from the Internet to convert the Data to Text.
- Then once the required changes have been done you can use the Tool again to revert the text back to UTF-16 before reimporting into LMS.
- You may raise an Enhancement Request for a more permanent solution.
2384640 - FAQ- IsoCode language export for cyrillic languages send in unicode
2316208 - Special characters not displaying correctly when exported using label export tool
bulgarian,labels,import,export,UTF-16,learning,cryllic,languages , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem