You want to change the number range of Identified Stock, however the system does not allow and shows an error message "Update for from number UNIIST_INTERVAL failed; interval is already in use".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search and open activity Number Ranges for Identified Stock.
- Select the row Unique IStock - System Generated.
- Change the Prefix from ABC to DEF (ABC meaning the old Prefix and DEF meaning the new Prefix).
- Change the Begin Number from XXX to YYY (XXX meaning the old Begin Number and YYY meaning the new Begin Number).
- Change the End Number from ZZZ to PPP (ZZZ meaning the old End Number and PPP meaning the new End Number).
- Click on the Save button.
System shows the error message Update for from number UNIIST_INTERVAL failed; interval is already in use.
It is possible to make any change in Number Ranges for Identified Stock as long as no Identified Stock is created yet in the system. When the first Identified Stock is created, you can modify only the End Number or the Prefix. Modifying the begin number is not allowed.
It is possible to change only the End Number and Prefix. Regarding the total length, you can modify it only to a greater number, not a smaller number.
To achieve determined use cases, you can build a PDI Solution on Identified Stock and change the Identified Stock ID on After Modify via PDI Code.
Identified Stock, IStock, number, range, numbering, reset, change, update, interval , KBA , AP-PRD-IS , Identified Stock , How To