The cost for invoicing and sales documents is calculated incorrectly, distorting the profit margin, even though the ship from location contains a valid business residence.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Over-the-Counter Sales work center.
- Select Over-the-Counter Sales view.
- Search for the ID ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Over-the-Counter Sale).
- Click Edit.
- Navigate to the Pricing tab.
- Click Expand.
The cost value displayed for the items is not being calculated as expected.
The cost component for individual items can be calculated based on the business residence maintained in Inventory Valuation work center, under the Material Unit Costs subview.
If the document is not able to determine a valid business residence, it will take the average value of all business residences maintained for that product, as per KBA 2547292.
In order to use the ship-from location to determine the business residence, a valid Identified Stock ID must be maintained for the item, otherwise the system will revert to the above functionality of taking the average of all business residences.
This is the current system behavior.
- Maintaining a valid Identified Stock ID in the document and triggering a pricing recalculation will allow the costs to be calculated correctly.
- This is also considered as a new requirement and it was added in the Product Backlog in order to enhance the functionality with this feature in one of the future product releases. Meanwhile, another possibility is to reach out Development Partner for a Custom Add-On Solution.
Over-the-Counter, Sale, Cost, Ship-From, Wrongly, Calculated, Calculate, Wrong , KBA , AP-PRC-PC , Calculation , How To