- The password of the MaxDB user for connection from SAP Content Server is not in fully UPPER case.
- The DB user is OK, and can be used for logon the MaxDB.
- The content server is not working well after setting/updating the DB password by report RSCMSPWS even the password is correct.
- The following error occurred in content server trace.
......SQLConnect failed, [SAP AG][LIBSDBOD SO][SAP MaxDB] General error;-4008 POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination, Error Code: -4008)
- In CSADMIN, the content repository is in "offline" status with error "SQLConnect failed, [SAP ....".
- SAP Content Server 6.5
- SAP Content Server 7.5
Content Server, MaxDB, username, password, UPPER case, lower case, mixed case, RSCMSPWS, -4008, Unknown user name/password combination, Error Code: -4008 , KBA , BC-SRV-KPR-CS , SAP Content Server , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.