When creating a follow-up Sales Order from a Contract the quantity of the items is not taken over from the Contract and the following error occurs: Item XX: Quantity missing
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Contracts view.
- Select Contract XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the contract).
- Click on the Follow Up button and select Sales Order.
- In the new Sales Order the following error occurs: Item XX: Quantity missing (XX represents the line item number).
The quantity from the Contract is not taken over in the new Sales Order and has to be maintained manually.
If the first sales order is released, the next sales order created as a follow-up from the contract will set the quantity of all products that were used in the first order to zero.
If the first order is in preparation, all items are taken over in the Sales Order with the quantity maintained in the contract.
This is the expected system behaviour.
Quantity missing; no quantity; 0 quantity; Sales Order; follow up; Contract , KBA , AP-CCP-CC , Customer Contract , Problem