In a custom analytical query, although the default value of exchange rate type is set as "M" and the default value of display currency is set as "JPY", when running or previewing this custom analytical query, find that there is no currency converted to JPY.
SAP S/4HANA CLOUD
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the "Custom CDS Views" app and create a custom CDS view using I_SalesOrderItemCube as the primary data source, with P_ExchangeRateType and P_DisplayCurrency as main input parameters.
- Under the "Elements" tab, add necessary elements. For example, NetAmount, IncomingSalesOrdersNetAmount, OpnSOForOrdReltdInvcsNetAmount, etc.
- Check and publish this custom CDS View.
- Go to the "Custom Analytical Queries" app and create a custom analytical query using the above custom CDS view as the data source.
- Select necessary fields under the "Field Selection" tab and set whether the fields will be shown as row or column under the "Display" tab.
- Under the "Filters" tab, set the default value of exchange rate type as "M" and the default value of display currency as "JPY".
- Save draft and publish this custom analytical query, or just preview it.
- Find that for the net value(s), there is no currency converted to JPY.
In the custom CDS View that the custom analytical query is based on, only elements in transaction currency were added. To display the net values in JPY, elements in display currency should also have been added.
Please add relevant elements in display currency under the "Elements" tab of the custom CDS View. For example, NetAmountInDisplayCurrency, IncomingSalesOrdersNetAmtInDC, OpnSOForOrdReltdInvcsNetAmtDC, etc.
Exchange Rate Type, Display Currency, Transaction Currency, Currency Conversion, Custom Analytical Query, Custom CDS View, Primary Data Source, I_SalesOrderItemCube, Main Input Parameters, P_ExchangeRateType, P_DisplayCurrency , KBA , SD-ANA , Analytics , Problem