Pay Component value is not flowing successfully when sent from RCM despite the values shown in Suite Integration Tool.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 2.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Choose the picklist value for Pay Component from RCM
- Initiate onboarding process for the candidate from RCM
- Check the Suite Integration Tool to see if the values have been passed successfully
- Login as the ONB Manager and click on the Onboarding Dashboard to Review New Hire Data
- Fill the necessary details and check to see if the Pay Component values sent from RCM is available in the Compensation Information Portlet
- Picklist field for pay-component from RCM in case of PayComponentRecurring and PayComponentNonRecurring is not supported. In case of Picklist, RCM sends the option ID and it is not possible to find the external code from it.
- Pay component is an object in EC and RCM doesn’t support as a standard object, Still customers can configure it as custom object in RCM and map it.
The workaround to resolve the above issue is by configuring a hidden custom string in RCM with the purpose to ensure that it stores the value of the external code of the respective picklist. This custom string will in turn be mapped in Recruit-to-Hire Data Mapping instead of the actual picklist. Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to achieve this configuration:
- Set the external code for the PayComponentPicklist as per your desired sequence.
- Create a custom string in RCM with the following Field-Id, Field Type and Field Label. Please note that this custom string should be defined in the respective recruiting template from where the Pay Component Value is passed. (In this example we have defined it in Job Application Template)
- Add a Rule in Recruiting to ensure that the custom picklist will be equal to the external code of the pay component picklist.
- Earlier in Recruit-to-Hire Data Mapping the Recruiting Field for Pay Component was directly mapped to the picklist which was incorrect.
Instead, we will map the custom string defined in the RCM Template to this Recruiting Field for Pay Component.
- Finally, please select Enabled for Onboarding as Yes from Manage Business Configuration for following entities (if it is not enabled already):
- Compensation Information
- Pay Component Recurring
- Pay Component Non Recurring (if applicable)
Also make sure that “pay-component” field value passed from RCM should be equal to the variant value of “Pay Component” for which values are passed
Pay Component, RCM to ONB Mapping, PayComponentRecurring , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-EC , Integration EC - MPH, Hire , Problem