Due to a limitation on Extension Business Objects (XBO), you are restricted from using certain Text Types. You need to use the data types LongText, MediumText or ShortText on a Standard Screen but you notice that by default it displays as a TextEdit instead of an InputField.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
Reproducing the Issue
- You have created a Custom Solution with an XBO.
- You have added one of the above data types as an element.
Steps to Reproduce:
- In the studio, right-click on the XBO and click Enhance Screens.
- Select your required screen to open the UI Desinger.
- Select the Extensibility Explorer tab.
- Select the anchor you want to extend to (must correspond to a Node where the element can be found).
- Click Add Extension Field to ... (if available).
- Note that there is no option to adjust the Display Type.
The underlying data type for these three data types is below:
These data types default to TextEdit and you cannot change the Display Type for Extension Fields on a Standard Screen.
You can use certain ID, Name and Description data types and these elements will display as InputFields. For example, "BusinessPartnerID" can store up to 60 alphanumeric characters and will display as an InputField.
You can adjust the Display Type on an Embedded Component (EC) bound to the XBO.
Refer to this blog post for info on Text Types: Text Types Usage
PDI, SDK, Display Type, enhance screens, Name, Description, Extension Field, Extensibility , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-EXT , ByDesign Studio Extensibility , Problem