- Specific users cannot see Story reports listed in Report Center. As per the Help Guide, no additional permissions via Role Based Permission are required in order to view/run Stories once enabled.
- Other users like the system Admin can see Story reports listed.
SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as the affected user and go to Report Center
- Try to filter by Report Type = Story
- No Story reports are visible even though a number of reports already exist in the instance.
- User was not successfully synced/created in SAC with correct details
- Report was not Shared to non-Story Admin user
- Currently this permission is needed: Manage Integration Tools > "Allow users to execute "Application/UI" or "Event-based integrations"
In order for users to see Story reports the following are required:
1. User should be synced to and exists in SAC/People Analytics.
You can always check if a specific user was successfully created in SAC through the Check Tool:
2994478 - How to Check if a User exists in SAC - People Analytics
Other useful references related to User Sync in IPS:
- 2969829 - People Analytics/IAS - User Sync getting failed due to missing or duplicate email Ids in SuccessFactors
- Sync users from SF to SAP Analytics Cloud https://help.sap.com/viewer/dad69084edb947e98ebede671ecd26f0/latest/en-US/f9272687390041eeb5e8773dac94f0d6.html
2. Please ensure that the Story is Shared to the specific non-Admin user with at least Read rights granted. Users who have no Create Story nor Story Admin permission will not see all Stories by default so the reports must be Shared with them.
Please see Sharing a Story Report
"As an author, you can share stories that you've created, and as a Story admin, you can share any story in the instance. When you share stories with Story admin users, by default, they have the permission to perform any action on the story irrespective of the access you grant. However, when you share stories with the non-admin users, you can grant read, edit, or full access to the shared report."
3. Currently, RBP permission for the following must be granted:
Manage Integration Tools > "Allow users to execute "Application/UI" or "Event-based integrations"
Please try to grant this RBP permission and try again.
Also please check back on this KBA for updates on whether this specific RBP permission will be required in the future as our engineering team are currently evaluating this and may possibly apply a change that will not require this permission.
Stories not listed, cannot see Story in Report Center, Stories missing for some users, Story not accessible, Shared story is not visible, cannot see Stories, non-Story admin , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-SAC-RBP , Role Based Permissions & Authorizations , Problem