- After second rehire check, the welcome email is sent to business email address of the terminated user, and no email sent to personal mail address of the onboardee.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 2.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the instance.
- Configure Process Variant Manager (PVM) as the default workflow for onboarding.
- Onboard a candidate as new hire
- Welcome email sent to personal mail address of the onboardee.
- Upon completion of Personal Data Collection (PDC) by the onboardee, second rehire check is executed.
- At this step, onboard the candidate as a rehire.
- Complete New Hire Data Review (NHDR) step.
- Welcome email is sent to the business email address of the terminated user and no email sent to personal mail address of the onboardee.
This is a defect that is already being worked on by the Onboarding Engineering Team.
Cause: With Process Variant Manager configured, 2nd rehire check does not send the welcome email notification to onboardee.
A workaround was provided by the engineering team:
- Configure and use only the default core workflow. Process Variant Manager can be disabled. Core workflow can be configured to skip certain steps by enabling or disabling rules.
These are the business rules that can be configured to skip certain steps.
Document flow is skipped if the form assignment rule is not configured.
A code-fix has been introduced by the engineering team to be deployed on b2105 release, but is scheduled to be patched on 19th January, 2021.
Internal Ticket: OBX-15641
Patch Ticket: PTCH-34918
OBX-15641, PTCH-34918, Second rehire check issues, Welcome email is sent to the business email address , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-RHM , Rehire Mechanism , Problem