- Some users cannot access the Custom External Module when clicking from the module picker
- if you open the URL directly on a separate window (i.e. outside SFSF) it open correctly for the users
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Custom External Module feature is enable and setup with an external URL
- user click on the menu picker an select the custom external module from the list
- user receive an error such as: The requested operation is not available
For SAP Support:
- The log might show error such as: "A tab has been accessed that does not exist, probably because you do not have authorization to access. ID card: "ADMIN". This is an end user authorization functional error, not a serious operational error"
- This means that the user does not have permission to 'admin centre' as when the page open after clicking on "custom external module" the module picker will change to Admin Centre while the custom external module page tries to open within SFSF
The user does not have the permission to the tab selected in the module picker (which is changed after the user click on "custom external module")
1. Go to Admin Center >> Company Settings >>Configure Custom Navigation
2. In the *URL field, add "&moduleId=HOME" to the end of the URL.
This will then ensure the module picker stays on HOME, where all users have permission to access.
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-NAV , Custom Navigation , Problem