The following issue occurs with donut charts in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- If placement of legend is set below chart, some data labels of dimension members are hidden. If placement of legend is set above chart it shows correctly.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.21.11
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a donut chart
- Open designer panel set Legend Placement: Above Chart
- In Show/Hide setting of donut chart mark Data Label as visible
- Note that All Data labels are visible
- Now update Legend Placement to Below Chart
- Note that the data labels located in top part of Donut chart are missing
It's expected that the data labels within a pie can hide if there isn't sufficient space to render them as we set aside a fixed amount of space and if the chart is too small or over plotted then the label and stem may hide to keep the chart from being cluttered even if the data label setting is on in the show/hide options.This behavior is by design in SAC.
For workaround please refer to this guide:
You may want to vote on this enhancement request created for the issue: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/260268
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Donut chart, legend, placement, above, below, Data labels, missing ,SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , LOD-ANA-LDC , SAC Live Data Connection , Problem