You expect that irrelevant UoM cannot be selected in the items of the Sales Order. But the irrelevant UoM of the product can be selected in the Sales Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Order Work Center
- Go to Sales Order View
- Create a new Sales Order
- Add product ABC (where ABC stands for the product)
- You can select UoM as EA; G; KG; T; EFG(where EFG stands for the custom Uom)
If you have maintained the Quantity Conversions for the product, you can select the converted UoM in Sales Order.
- Check Product ABC
- Base UoM is EA, Sales UoM is EA
- You have maintained the Quantity Conversions as: 1EA = 30G
So, G and KG, T can be selected in the Sales Order. This is because grams, kilograms, tons are units that can be converted to each other.
The Unit which reference Uom is maintained in the Quantity Conversions like g - Gram can also be selected in the Sales Order.
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center
- Open Activity “Quantities and Units of Measure”
- You can see the Reference Uom of Custom Unit "EFG" is "g - Gram".
This is why Custom Unit EFG can also be selected.
This is the expected system behavior
UoM; Quantity Conversation; Reference Uom , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , Problem