The Contract can't be created from contract template. The error "Copying item XX not possible; reference item has deviating price strategy" occurrs.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a New Contract
- Maintain Account and Sales Unit
- Click Create from template button
- Select template ID: ABC (where ABC stands for the template)
- Error:"Copying item XX not possible; reference item has deviating price strategy" occurrs.
The default pricing for direct sales is Gross.
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center
- Open Configure Price Strategy activity
- Click Configuration For Default Pricing
- For Direct sales the default pricing is Gross
The contract template can't support gross pricing.
Only net pricing is supported for contract templates. When the creation of the contract price is in gross, the items in the template cannot be copied to the contract.
This is the standard system behavior
Contract; Contract Template; Gross Pricing , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , Problem