- It is not possible to save an existing business rule that contains a "Raise Message" clause in certain scenarios (e.g. Synchronize Position Changes to Incumbents).
- An error pop-up is displayed when accessing the rule: "Rule definition error: This rule contains errors, which are highlighted in the rule details. Please correct them."
- The "Raise Message" option is highlighted as an invalid value.
- When rebuilding the rule from scratch, the "Raise Message" option is not available.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Employee Central
- Position Management
Reproducing the Issue
- In Configure Business Rules, create a new rule under "Basic" scenario;
- Add "Raise Message" in the THEN conditions;
- Click "Change Scenario";
- Complete all steps of the procedure;
- Upon confirming, the message "Please note that there will be some errors in the rule that you should fix afterwards."
- When opening the rule in Configure Business Rules, the "Rule definition error" appears.
- New rule scenarios were introduced in the 1902 release to support customers in creating proper rule definition and deflect possible configuration issues.
- In this way, some scenarios define constraints that constitute what the user is allowed to do and what is not allowed to do.
- None of the rule scenarios related to Position Management support the "Raise Message" option.
- Please note that the synchronization rules in Position Management should be built exclusively to sync Position and Job Information.
You may still use the "Raise Message" option when a Position record is changed. To do this, create a rule under Basic scenario and assign it as Validate Rules in the Position object.
ECT-109332, ECT-96436, position management, rule scenario, raise message, invalid value, rule definition error, support the action, remove the corresponding then statement, Synchronize Position Changes to Incumbents, Synchronize Incumbent’s Changes to Position , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Problem