Customers have asked for a way to restrict job search links and SEO pages (including “naughty” words) of being indexed by Google.
In this article we are going to share best practices to avoid undesired Google search results.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK)
SEO Settings in Career Site Builder (CSB) combined with manually asking Google to remove bad searches has been sufficient to solve the issues associated to undesired search results. Make sure to review the below tips
- Review the SEO Settings to make sure you have either turned off the feature or specified terms to avoid SEO pages of being indexed by Google:
- 2956815 - SEO Settings - Career Site Builder - Recruiting Marketing
- Manually ask Google to remove links that appear as undesired Google search results using the Google Search Console tool: it's necessary to verify the site ownership. Please follow the below instructions on how to do this using Career Site Builder (CSB):
- Verify the site ownership using HTML tag as described in Google Support;
- The instructions provided in #1 will ask you to upload a file to RMK where it has a HTML tag code. However, you don't need to upload this file to your RMK site. You can open this file and take note of the HTML tag value;
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Career Site Builder > Settings > Site Conifguration > Site Information tab;
- Paste the HTML tag value in the Google Webmaster ID field;
- Save the configuration;
- Verify the ownership by following the subsequent instructions in #1;
- Use the Google Search Console tool to remove the undesired links.
"naughty" words, search results, RMK, SEO pages, Google, Indexed, links, Recruiting Marketing, CSB, HTML tag, verify ownership , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-CSB , Career Site Builder , How To