Profit Center derived for customer invoice is not the one you configured as company's default profit center.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center and Overview view.
- Find and open activity Profit Center Derivation.
- Open Profit Center Derivation by Product Category for Sales, and you can get the configuration for default profit center you want to use in sales process, including customer invoices posting.
- Go to General Ledger work center and Journal Entry view.
- Open Journal Entry XYZ (XYZ stands for the journal entry ID), which is the journal entry of the customer invoice.
- The profit center in journal entry XYZ is not the default profit center in the above configuration.
The cost object of the customer invoice is to a project task. So system derives the profit center assgined to the project.
You can find the profit center of the project with following steps:
- Go to Customer Invcoicing work centrer and Invoice Documents view.
- Open the customer invoice and click View All.
- In Items tab, select the item in question.
- In Revenue Assignment tab, you can see the Account Assignment Type is PRO and get the Project information.
- Go to Project Management work center and Projects view.
- Open the project which is assigned to the customer invoice as cost object, and click View All.
- In Project Plan tab, then Accounting, you can see the Profit Center, which is derived in journal entry of customer invoice.
You can also refer to Help Document "Derivation of Profit Centers and Segments"
'Derivation based on organizational structure
If the account assignment is a project, the system uses the profit center that is assigned in the organizational structure to the responsible cost center of the project or that is above that cost center in the organizational structure.'
Profit Center, Project, 利润中心 , KBA , AP-ACC-AE , Accounting Entry , Problem