- Error "404 Not Found - You did not enter a valid URL" when trying to access SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) with SSO enabled to SCP Identity Authentication Service (IAS) hosting on China Data Center
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- SCP Identity Authentication Service (IAS) hosting on China Data Ceneter
Reproducing the Issue
- Try to access SAC tenant hosting on China data center.
=> Error "404 Not Found - You did not enter a valid URL" appears.
- The URL of IAS tenants in region Shanghai (China) was changed (Refer to SAP KBA 3009508):
- OLD URL: https://<IAS Tenant ID>.accounts.ondemand.com
- NEW URL: https://<IAS Tenant ID>.accounts.sapcloud.cn
- However, the new metadata is not imported in SAC, so SAC will still use old URL for authentication, which is not accessibile.
According to SAP KBA 3009508, IAS team has fixed the access issue to the old URL, so both new URL and old URL of IAS tenants in region Shanghai (China) can be accessible now.
However, as new host <Tenant ID>.accounts.sapcloud.cn is supported in the future, it is still suggested to update IAS metadata into SAC:
- Download the new metadata from IAS side using the URL below:
https://<IAS Tenant ID>.accounts.sapcloud.cn/saml2/metadata?action=download
- Import the downloaded new metadata into SAC.
- Update inside SAC (https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/8c62c64b30a5413eb5196b1dbfc38af2.html)
- Using Identity Provider Administration tool (https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/8eba80371d744a3abe145583d707d81a.html)
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, IAS, SSO, Custom, IdP, 404, CN1, China, Not Found, URL, change, migration , KBA , LOD-ANA-AUT , SAC Authentication / Login , Problem