You are using the Show Description feature in a report selection. Usually, this displays the description of the values which you have selected. In specific cases however, you do not see the description but only the code of the value with asterisks, for example *Z01*.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the report you are using.
- In the selection, click the Show Description icon.
Most values change to show the description, but some display entries like *Z01* for example.
You are using the "Contains" option for the specific selection field. The description cannot be displayed if you are searching for only part of the value, i.e. if you are using "contains".
Note: If you have an extension field of type Multivalue List which is part of the selection, "contains" is the default option for such fields. This is why you may notice this behavior more frequently with such fields.
- Open your report.
- In the selection, open the value help of the field where you observed this behavior.
- Go to the Advanced option.
- Here, instead of "contains", choose "Is".
- Select one or several specific values and click OK.
- Back in the report selection, click Show Description.
Now the description for the selected value(s) is shown.
report, business analytics, selection, values, description, IDs, code, asterisk, star, not working, contains, multivalue list, extension field, multivalued , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To