Data Action getting error "The data change cannot be published due to limited access rights" and cannot publish it
The user running data action has:
- Write permission for the version member(Budget) from DAC,
- Maintain right(Edit) to the model.
- Maintain role for planning model.
This user can still try to publish the valid changes manually.
SAP Analytics Cloud Version: 2020.19.3
Reproducing the Issue
Run Data Action.
By design behavior
- There is no option/workaround with DAC to let users view data only from their selected group, but allow them to write to all members. The DAC feature is there to prevent reading and especially writting to certain members.
- If users are not allowed to read certain data, they should also not be allowed to change this data (i.e., write). That's why the auto-publishing fails in the data action. The error message you get when trying to publish via the story toolbar also indicates this and only allows the user to publish the changes on areas, where the user has write privileges (we call this partial publish).
- It's not correct that the data action is creating data on multiples areas outside of the areas the user has write privileges. Better solution would it to adapt the data action that it only writes to the areas the user is allowed to change. You can use data action parameters to use the same data action for different user groups, but only run on a certain subset based on the parameter value.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning , sc4p , c4p , cforp , cloudforplanning , Cloud for Analytics , Cloud4Analytics , CloudforAnalytics , Cloud 4 Planning , BOC , SAPBusinessObjectsCloud , BusinessObjectsCloud , BOBJcloud , BOCloud. , SAC , SAP AC , Cloud-Analytics , CloudAnalytics , SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-PL-DA , Data Actions , Problem