Some job status is changed from "Failed" to "Skipped" in provisioning job status.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Provisioning > Managing Job Scheduler > Monitor jobs
- Find some job status displays as "Skipped" instead of "Failed"
- Find "Skipped" status job will have no retry(Recovery) mechanism to run it again
*Please note that only SAP Support and the authorized Partner have access to Provisioning.
This is an enhancement of 1H 2020 release (b2005). Only SFTP related job which haven't maintained proper file before the job run (file not found) and jobs which has no valid job owner, those jobs status is changed into Skipped instead of Failed.
This is to decrease the potential load pressure of job running mechanism.
This Enhancement is delivered in two part:
- In 1H2020, for those kind of jobs, system will still have retry(recovery) mechanism, only the status of the third retry was changed from failed to skipped.
- In 2H2020, those jobs status is changed into Skipped, and there has no retry(recovery) mechanism anymore which is to save loading pressure and resource.
So starting from 2H2020, there has no retry mechanism for job status is set as "Skipped", because even system retried job running, in high probability those jobs still cannot run successfully. This is to save the resource of job running mechanism.
Please kindly make sure that there has proper file in SFTP before SFTP related job is running and give the job a valid job owner to resolve this kind of issue.
job, Skipped, status, failed, successfactors, SuccessFactors, SF, PLS-9603, invalid job owner, file not found, provisioning, monitor job , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-JOBS , Scheduled Jobs , Problem