When attempting to save the site configuration in Career Site Builder (CSB) after importing Site Settings under Tool > Import & Export from stage environment to production (or vice versa) the following message occurs in CSB and the configuration is not saved.
"The system failed to save the site configuration"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK)
- New Command Center
- Career Site Builder (CSB)
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the new Command Center;
- Click on Career Site Builder icon;
- Go to Tools > Import & Export > Import tab;
- Upload the Site Settings XML file exported from the stage environment (or from production)
- Go to Settings > Site Configuration > Site Integrations tab
- Fill out the required fields;
- Click on the Site Information tab;
- Click on the save button.
The following error occurs
The Job Alert E-mail Address field in the Site Information tab has an invalid email for the environment the site is on.
The field in a stage environment should have the value firstname.lastname@example.org.
The word stage is not valid for an email in a Production environment. Consequently this will cause an error when trying to save the configuration in CSB.
You can use one of the following approaches to solve this issue:
After importing the Site Settings
- Go to CSB Settings > Site Configuration > Site Information tab;
- Fix the email by removing the word stage from it;
- Complete the configuration in the Site Integrations tab;
- Press the Save button.
Before importing the Site Settings
- Go to CSB > Tools > Import & Export > Export tab;
- Export the Site Settings XML file;
- Open the file with a text or XML editor (e.g. Notepad++, Oxygen, etc...);
- You will need to adjust the agent email address field accordingly:
- Save the file;
- Import the modified file in Tools > Import & Export > Import tab > Site Settings.
In the above example the email is the same as defined in stage. The word stage is invalid, so it should be removed. With regards part before the @, it should be adjusted accordingly.
The system failed to save the site configuration, CSB, new Command Center, Site Settings, Import, Go-Live Task , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-CSB , Career Site Builder , Problem