When I try to save the site configuration in Career Site Builder (CSB) after importing Site Settings under Tool > Import & Export from stage environment I receive the following message in CSB and the configuration is not saved.
"The system failed to save the site configuration"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK)
- New Command Center
- Career Site Builder (CSB)
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the new Command Center;
- Click on Career Site Builder icon;
- Go to Tools > Import & Export > Import tab;
- Upload the Site Settings XML file exported from the stage environment;
- Go to Settings > Site Configuration > Site Integrations tab
- Fill out the required fields;
- Click on the Site Information tab;
- Click on the save button.
The following error will show up.
The Job Alert E-mail Address field in the Site Information tab has an invalid email. Let's suppose the same field in stage environment had the value firstname.lastname@example.org. The word stage is not valid for an email in Production environment. Consequently this will cause an error when trying to save the configuration in CSB.
You can use one of the following approaches to solve this issue:
After importing the Site Settings from Stage to Production:
- Go to CSB Settings > Site Configuration > Site Information tab;
- Fix the email by removing the word stage from it;
- Complete the configuration in the Site Integrations tab;
- Press the Save button.
Before importing the Site Settings from Stage to Production:
- Go to CSB > Tools > Import & Export > Export tab;
- Export the Site Settings XML file;
- Open the file with a text or XML editor (e.g. Notepad++, Oxygen, etc...);
- You will need to adjust the agent email address field accordingly:
- Save the file;
- Import the modified file in Tools > Import & Export > Import tab > Site Settings.
In the above example the email is the same as defined in stage. The word stage is invalid, so it should be removed. With regards part before the @, it should be adjusted accordingly.
The system failed to save the site configuration, CSB, new Command Center, Site Settings, Import, Go-Live Task , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-CSB , Career Site Builder , Problem