You have created an Invoice document and a Goods and Services Receipt, and even though they are not posted the related Purchase Order status is set to Finished.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Search and open Purchase Order XYZ. (XYZ meaning the ID of the Purchase Order)
- Click on the View All button.
- Go to the Document Flow tab.
See that the Supplier Invoice and the Goods and Services Receipt are in preparation, and even so the Purchase Order is Finished.
This is a standard system behavior. The status of the Purchase Order is set to Finished when the Invoice and/or Goods and Services Receipt are created.
If you have created the Invoice document and the Goods and Services Receipt, and for any reason you need to cancel one of those, as soon as they are canceled the Purchase Order status will be back to Follow-Up Document Created.
Invoice, GSR, Goods and Service Receoipt, Purchase Order, In preparation, Finished , KBA , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , How To