- Crystal Reports crash.
- Crystal Reports 2020 starts with corrupted ToolBar and then crashes in few seconds
- Crystal Reports 2020 closes in few seconds, after launching it.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020 - Support Pack 01
Reproducing the Issue
- Start Crystal Reports 2020
- Wait for few seconds, and Crystal Reports crash.
- Toolbar was set to use Large buttons in a previous version of Crystal Reports that was installed on the same computer.
- In Crystal Reports 2020, this option has been disabled, and causes the crash.
- The problem has been fixed in 4.3 SP01 Patch2 and following releases.
- To be able to start Crystal Reports 2020, delete the Crystal Reports Current User Registry Keys:
WARNING: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Microsoft Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Microsoft Registry Editor at your own risk. For further information, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor ( Regedit )
- In the Microsoft Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\MainFrame
- Change the key value of “LargeButtons” from “Yes” to “No”.
CR, collapse, screen high resolution, crash, Big Icons, small icons , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2020