While running the G/L Accounts - Line Items report you notice that system displays the same Offset Cost Object for all Journal Entry Items for a given Journal Entry.
The expectation is that for each Journal Entry Item in the report the same Cost Object of each journal entry item would be displayed as Offset Cost Object.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Open the G/L Accounts - Line Items Report.
- Enter required data and make sure that you have added characteristics Journal Entry, Journal Entry Item and Offset Cost Object.
- Execute the report.
- Notice that for each Journal Entry Item of Journal Entry AAA (AAA means the Journal Entry ID) the system displays the same Offset Cost Object XYZ (XYZ means the Offset Cost Object).
While opening Journal Entry AAA you notice that XYZ is the Cost Object ID assigned to Journal Entry Item 1 (Line 1). The other items have different Cost Object IDs assigned.
The source document is a manual journal entry voucher and in JEV, system has no mean to group that a given credit and debit line is offsetting each other. It is not a semantic document in that sense. Your expectation is that line 1 and 2 are offsetting each other and hence offset cost object in line 2 should have cost object of 1, likewise, line 4 should have cost object entered in 3. However, there is no way that this is indicated to the system and we cannot always assume that 1 and 2 offset each other. Hence, system always takes one of the cost objects as offsetting cost object for the rest of the items.
System behaves as per design.
offset cost object; cost object; G/L Accounts - Line Items , KBA , offset cost object , cost object , g/l accounts - line items , SRD-FIN-ANA-GL , General Ledger (Reporting) , How To