- It shows an error "Department has invalid value" when you try to save a job requisition.
- It pops up an error "Object does not Exist Or No Permission" when you try to view the generic object.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the job requisition
- Click on Save
- The error message appears
- The option Allow users to select only those instances that are active as of the date in the Job Start Date field in the Job Requisition and Offer Detail pages has been enabled under Manage Recruiting Settings.
- The value selected is not effective on the Job Start Date selected.
Please change the Job Start Date according to the effective start date of the generic object value.
Here is an example for how to check the effective start date.
- Admin Center > Manage Data
- Search the name of the generic object (e.g. Department)
- Select the value
- Check the date of "Effective as of"
KB article 2840304 - Error received when updating the Job Start Date of the Job Requisition - Recruiting Management
job requisition, Department has invalid value, Division has invalid value, Object does not Exist Or No Permission, generic object, Job Start Date, Allow users to select only those instances that are active as of the date in the Job Start Date field in the Job Requisition and Offer Detail pages , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , Problem