- Email Notifications being sent from Jam where different language is shown in the 'sender' field.
- SAP Jam email notifications, sent when updates are made, are being sent out with the sender text in random languages.
SAP Jam Collaboration
Reproducing the Issue
- Make any updates on SAP Jam
- Check Sender field of the email
- Some times it will show in English, others in another languages
This is an expected behavior. SAP Jam does not support the language localization for the company custom brand name.
SAP Jam is using the company brand name as the email sender and by default is "SAP Jam". While integrating with SuccessFactor, the company brand name will be customized through SF Share header and become "Learning Rooms", "Collaboration", etc. But unfortunately, SAP Jam does not support the language localization for the company custom brand name. Jam expects the company name will not change along with the user language settings.
The label in question is "COMMON_JAM=SAP Jam" and it is customizable via the "Admin Center | Manage Languages".
In order to fix this, we suggest you to change the English "SAP Jam" to "Learning Rooms" (or the other name you are using), and also have all the other languages specify "Learning Rooms" for "SAP Jam" and not translate "Learning Rooms" into the corresponding languages; otherwise, the SAP Jam system will not be getting "Learning Rooms" for the "SAP Jam" reference from the main SuccessFactors system.
Note that there are other labels that by default will re-use the value of "COMMON_JAM". For example, the top navigation menu item for "SAP Jam" in the main SuccessFactors' system's header comes from the following label:
So if you wanted that top navigation menu item to say "Learning Rooms", but with the translations for the various languages, then you can use "Admin Center | Manage Languages" to change:
- "COMMON_JAM_TAB=$(COMMON_JAM)" to "COMMON_JAM_TAB=Learning Rooms" for English,
- "COMMON_JAM_TAB= ラーニングルーム" for Japanese, etc.
While keeping the "COMMON_JAM" the same English value for all languages via "Admin Center | Manage Languages".
2576546 - Using the Manage Language Feature to Change Labels in SuccessFactors
jam email, sender name, language jam, customizable locales, CUB-51381, UI-19995, CUB-51671 , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-NOT , Bell & Browser notifcations , Problem