- You are using near-Zero Downtime Maintenance (nZDM) on a Process Orchestration (PO) or Process Integration (PI) system running on HANA Database
- When the nZDM is running, you observe that message processing time increases and PO slows down
- In some cases there can be errors during message processing, visible in the Message Monitor, similar to
Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection <Adapter connection type> failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Failed to log msg <message_ID>(OUTBOUND).
Reason: com.sap.sql.exception.OpenSQLException: SAP DBTech JDBC: : feature not supported: trigger execution with transition variable is not supported with piecewise lob writing OpenSQLExceptionCategories: [NON_TRANSIENT, DB_ADMINISTRATOR_REQUIRED]
- PO application defaultTrace has entries similar to:
SQL error occurred on connection <host> code=7, state="HY000", message="SAP DBTech JDBC: : feature not supported: trigger execution with transition variable is not supported with piecewise lob writing";
SQL statement is "INSERT INTO "BC_MSG_LOG"...
...com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: : feature not supported: trigger execution with transition variable is not supported with piecewise lob writing
- In the HANA trace files, you may find errors like:
tu_trigger TriggerExecutor.cpp(01256) : Failed to execute trigger 'SAPPO:TRG_NZDX_BC_MSG_LOG_I (triggered by index on table SAPPO:BC_MSG_LOG)
- SAP HANA, platform edition;
- NetWeaver 7.5
SAP HANA, platform edition, sap_hana, database, db, saphana, PIMON, java , KBA , HAN-DB-CLI , SAP HANA Clients (JDBC, ODBC) , BC-XI-CON-MSG , Messaging System , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.