You have created a manual Bank Statement and expected that an Item with Payment Advice should have been allocated automatically.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to the Bank Statements view.
- Show All Statements.
- Open the relevant Statement ID.
- Go to the Transactions tab.
- Go to the Document Flow sub-tab.
- Open the Payment Allocation XXX.
The Payment Allocation XXX has the Status "In Preparation", but as per the Memo Line you maintained you expected that this Allocation should be posted automatically.
XXX - Payment Allocation ID
The system does not use Memo Line Rules to automatic allocate Payment Advices.
During the Bank Statement processing, system would try to match an existing Payment Advice using the information from External Advice ID field with the Document ID maintained in the Bank Statement to allocate them automatically.
If you wish to allocate Payment Advices automatically in manual Bank Statements it is necessary to enter identical External Advice ID and Payment Reference in the Payment Advice document. After that, maintain the same ID under Document ID in the Bank Statement Item so the system can match the Items.
You can refer to the steps below:
1. Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
2. Go to the Bank Statements view.
3. Click New -> Bank Statement.
4. Enter the relevant details.
5. Go to the Step 3 - Crete and Edit Items.
6. Add Row and click Item Details.
Here the Document ID needs to have the same data from the External Advice ID entered in the Payment Advice.
Once the configuration is performed and the other details of the scenario, for example amount, are adjusted the automatic allocation would happen successfully.
Bank Statement, Bank Credit Advice, Payment Advice, Document ID, External Advice ID. , KBA , AP-PAY-BS , Bank Statement , How To