When displaying line items in the Display Line Items in General Ledger App (APP ID F2217) the full name attribute is masked to XXXXX.
Reproducing the Issue
- GoTo App Display Line Items in General Ledger.
- Enter the Ledger, Company Code, G/L Account, Posting Period.
- Drilldown to a line item displaying the field/attribute "Full Name".
- The Full Name is masked with "XXXXX".
As of the CE2011 upgrade to be compliant with data protection and privacy rules the real name of a person, to which a cost line from an accounting report can be assigned, should not be displayed as default. For compatibility reasons this attribute (full name) cannot be removed. Instead, the content of the full name attribute - if available - is masked with XXXXX.
This information is maintained in the What's New Documentation for 2011 in section 3.3. "Changes to Full Name Attribute for Data Protection and Privacy Compliance". Please see the following link to the What's New Documentation here.
It is possible to unmask this information if required. It is necessary to create a data source extension for the used application "Display Line Items in General Ledger".
- Please check SAP Help Documentation on Display Line Items in General Ledger.
- Here you will see information on Key Users.
- See here for more information on the Creating Data Source Extensions.
The following is an example for the application "Projects - Actuals"; (Any implementation of this would be considering a consulting request)
I. Create data source extension on cube
1. Use app “Custom Fields and Logic”
2. Go to tab “Data Source Extension” and create a new one by pressing button “+”
3. Choose cube “Journal Entry Item - Cube” as Data Source
“Journal Entry Item Cube” as Description for example
“YY1_JOURNALENTRYITEMCUBE” as Extension ID for example
4. Press button “Create”
5. Under tab “Field Selection” expand “Journal Entry Item”
6. Select field “FullName” from Person Work Agreement Details (_PersonWorkAgreement_1)
7. Result: “YY1_PersonFullName” is under tab “Selected Fields”, field path I_JOURNALENTRYITEM ->Person Work Agreement Details.Full Name
8. Save and Publish this Data Source Extension
II. Create a second data source extension for query Projects - Actuals
9. Use app “Custom Fields and Logic”
10. Go to tab “Data Source Extension” and create a new one by pressing button “+”
11. Choose query “Projects Actuals” as Data Source
“Projects Actuals” as Description for example
“YY1_PROJECTSACTUALS” as Extension ID for example
12. Press button “Create”
13. Under tab “Field Selection” expand “I_JournalEntryItemCube”
14. Select field “FullName” YY1_PersonFullName”
15. Result: “YY1_PersonFullName” is under tab “Selected Fields”
16. For your own label select option “Custom Text” and enter your label like “FullNameUnMasked” to distinguish from FullName.
17. Save and Publish this Data Source Extension
III. Now you find field “FullNameUnMasked in navigation panel of app “Projects – Actuals” if you call this app.
This has been implemented in the following apps;
F2217 Display Line Items in General Ledger
F2218 Display Line Item Entry
This information is provided in the What's New Documentation here.
Masking, Full Name, No longer visible, , KBA , FI-FIO-GL , Fiori UI for General Ledger Accounting , FI-GL-IS , Information System , Problem