The characteristic Task Description shows value "#" (Not assigned) in the Project Plan Values report, while the expectation is that it shows the Description maintained for the project.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Open report Project Plan Values.
- Enter required data, such as Project ABC (ABC means the Project ID).
- Add the characteristic Task Description to the report.
- Notice that for Project Task ID ABC-X (ABC-X means the Project Task ID) Task Description field shows value "#" (which means not assigned).
The expectation is that the report would show the Description maintained for the respective project, which can be seen by opening Project ABC from Project Management work center > Projects view > Project Plan tab.
The Task Description field is binded to the Description field in a Project Expense Item.
It means that Task Description will be populated in the report only when there's an Expense Item assigned to the respective Project Task ABC-X, and for such Expense Item, a Description has been maintained.
This can be seen as follows:
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Projects view.
- Open Project ID ABC.
- In Project Plan tab > Gantt Chart sub-tab, select Project Task ID ABC-X.
- Select the Expenses tab.
- If there's an expense item maintained along with a description, such Description will be fetched by the Project Plan Values report.
System behaves as designed.
project plan values; FINCACU03_Q0001; task description; TASK_DESCRIPTION; expense item , KBA , project plan values , fincacu03_q0001 , task description , task_description , expense item , SRD-FIN-ANA , Analytics Content , How To